Quantum Software Engineer
Quantum Software Engineer
Remote or In-Person (Chicago, IL)
qBraid is a one-stop platform for accessing quantum software and hardware. We are building a cloud-based IDE that is highly optimized for quantum computing. Our mission is to provide an end-to-end experience for everyone and anyone in quantum, and by doing so, hope to accelerate the pace of the quantum computing revolution.
Your work will focus on development of the qBraid SDK, our Python toolkit for building and executing quantum programs. You will have a paramount role in this project, and be hands-on from day one helping us design, build, test, and deploy modules for quantum algorithms and applications. We are looking for engineers who are critical thinkers, analytical, and passionate about building practical solutions. You will also need to be flexible, adaptable, and a persistent problem-solver.
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or relevant related discipline.
- Familiarity with quantum computing stack (applications, compilers, circuits, algorithms, pulses)
- Strong Python and object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience with high-level scientific programming frameworks in Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following open-source quantum software packages: Qiskit, Cirq, Amazon Braket, Pennylane, pyQuil.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: testing, continuous integration, version control, documentation, and code review.
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively on complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MSc or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or relevant related discipline.
- Expertise in quantum computing, as demonstrated by in-field experience, extensive coursework, thesis, or peer-reviewed publications.
- Familiarity with NISQ algorithms (e.g. VQAs, QA, QAOA)
- Familiarity with OpenQASM
- Experience developing open-source software
- Familiarity with Node.js runtime environments and REST APIs
At qBraid, we value each of our team members’ unique set of skills and experience and use a collaborative, user-driven approach when mapping our goals and product timelines. You will have a paramount role in this process. As a quantum software engineer at qBraid, you will have the freedom and the platform to do your very best work. Even if you don’t meet all of the criteria above, please apply! We would love to hear about how you can see yourself growing into this role, and why you are well-equipped to do so.
At qBraid benefits include unlimited PTO, professional benefits, equity based compensation, health care, and paid lunches.